Wednesday, January 27, 2010

BARTG Sprint Contest Report

I participate BARTG Sprint Contest, one of the worldwide RTTY DX contest as JO3PSJ/3 in Awaji Island (IOTA: AS-117) on last weekend.

I had 35 QSOs in this contest between 1200UTC Saturday and 0015UTC Sunday about 12 hours. Though it is very small result because my mobile facilities are very poor, I'm satisfied to have had QSOs with several European stations.

My QSO entities are JA-4, BV-1, VR2-1, HS-1, ZL-1, W-3, VE-1, UA0-7, UA-4, UN-1, UR-4, 9A-1, S5-1, I-1, LZ-1, 4L-1, HA-1, OK-1. Especially, 4L(Georgia), HA(Hungary) and OK(Czech Rep.) are new acquired entities for me.

My rig output was 50W. I set 6mH inverted V dipole antenna for 40m band. I tried to set 8mH vertical but gave up it because it was very strongly windy weather.
In spite of very law antenna, I could have QSOs with several European stations. Maybe location in beachside toward west was very good.

I always feel RTTY QSO is very difficult. Especially, matching of PC output-interface-rig-antenna is very difficult so that ALC doesn't show up. Even if I succeed in matching, rig output will be reduced to half. I guess many of participants in RTTY DX contest have high power TX and big beam antennas.
Now I still must make more efforts.

TNX FR FB QSO.

No comments:

Post a Comment