Wednesday, December 16, 2009

RA0FU in Sakhalin Island, Russia, Bolishoe Spasibo!


This is a QSL card from RA0FU station in Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, Sakhalin Island(AS-018) Russia.

Sakhalin Island is located in the north of our country and I had a QSO with RA0FU station on the band of 15m on 25 Oct. 2009 in the CQ WW DX CONTEST.

This station is very active in DX pedition in the islands near Sakhalin including Kurir located between Hokkaido and Kamchacka.

Another card is his second callsign RI0F. The design of QSL is a scenery of Moneron Island off shore of Sakhalin Island.
I remember that Korean Airlines 007 flying for Seoul was shot down by a missile fired by Soviet air force in 1983 over Sakhalin Island and all passengers and crews were killed. After incident, Soviet and the US forces struggled to find a black box around Moneron Island in the time of the Cold War.

When this incident happened, I was in elementary school. But I understood Soviet regime is very dangerous and frightening the world.
But When I see the scenery of this card now. I understood this tragedic island is very beautiful!
I want to build a big antenna in such beautiful site and enjoy QSO!

Bolishoe Spasibo za FB QSL!

No comments:

Post a Comment