Saturday, December 19, 2009

PP5EG in Curitiba, Brazil, Muito Obligato!


This is a QSL card from PP5EG station in Curitiba, Brazil, which was delivered via the US QSL manager.

PY5EG station written on QSL card is a club station Araucaria DX Group in Curitiba and PP5EG station is its member. I had a QSO with PP5EG station in Kitakyushu city, Fukuoka as JO3PSJ/6 on the band of 40m on 10 Oct. 2009 before the start of domestic contest.

This station is the first Brazilian station. I broke the record of QSO distance. When I tried to call PP5EG station which sent CQ with beautiful signal like a local station, he answered me soon and I realized a QSO. I was very surprised that my voice arrived at the other side of the globe by my poor facilities of 50W output and 4.5m high dipole antenna.

When I began amateur radio, QSO with overseas station was a big dream for me. I became very happy to have a QSO with station in Hokkaido in those days. Then I couldn't expect that I realize a QSO with stations on the other side of the globe.
Now I already realized QSOs with stations in Brazil, Argentina, Chile and several European countries.

I think to be confirmed by two Brazilian stations is one of my large accomplishment. But I stil have to solve many problems to have many DX stations without difficulty.
I must make more efforts to be successful DXer!

Muito Obligato FB QSL!

No comments:

Post a Comment