Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Russian DX Contest Participation

I participated Russian DX Contest on 19-20 March.

I operated at home in Inami Town, Hyogo, Japan. I used callsign JO3PSJ, /3-less. I participated the contest at the same time as BARTG HF RTTY Contest.


My individual result was total 256 QSOs, I succeeded in adding the number twice more than last year's 76 QSOs. The reason for success is that I made QRV on CW mode this year. Last year I made QRV only on SSB mode, this year the rate of SSB mode of the total QSOs fell in only 15%.

I prepared for antennas for 80m-10m bands. Usually I don't make QRV on 80m band, but I could have QSOs with W and VE stations on the lowest band.

I'm looking forward to Russian DX Contest every year because this contest favorably compares with CQ WW Contest and CQ WW WPX Contest. We had opportunities to have QSOs with many stations all over the world.
I also had opportunities to have QSOs not only with UA and UA0 stations, but also with DX stations like LU and PY stations.
The reason is why I participate Russian DX Contest as the pre-test contest of CQ WW WPX Phone which takes place the next week of Russian DX Con.
In addition, the 3rd weekend of March was three-day weekend in Japan. I could work in the contest full-time.

But unfortunetely the next 3rd weekend of March will be usual weekend. Maybe I will not be able to join the contest full-time.


(Result)
AS: JA, BY, VR2, JT, 9V, XU, UA0, UN, 5B
OC: VK, ZL, DU, YB, 9M6, KH2
EU: UA, UR, YL, LY, SP, OK, OM, LZ, HA, S5, E7, 9A, YU, 4O, F, G, I, OE, DL, OH, SM, EA
NA: K, KL7, VE, KH6
SA: PY
All 42 entities. No new entities.

(Facilities)
RIG:YAESU FT-450M(50W)
ANT:
 80m-20m Inverted L (Vertical-7m Horizontal-13m)
 40m-10m Inverted L (Vertical-9m Horizontal-1m)
 20m-GP(4.5mH)& Rotatable DP(4.5mH)
 15m-GP(4mH)& Inverted V DP(4.5mH)
 10m-GP(4mH)
Log Software:Ctestwin
OS: Windows XP

No comments:

Post a Comment