Wednesday, April 13, 2011

JIDX CW & Gagarin Cup Participation

I participated in two DX contests -- Japan International DX Contest CW(JIDX CW) organized by Japanese DX Magazine "Five-Nine" and Yuri Gagarin International DX Contest(Gagarin Cup) organized by Russian GC Committee.

I made QRV at home in Amagasaki City, Hyogo (JCC#2703) as the callsign JO3PSJ because I cancelled the field operation. I decided to check radio propagation of CW at home with usual facilities on the third floor of the 8-story appartment house.

The final individual result was total 241 QSOs -- 204 for and 37 for GC Cup. I had QSOs with stations from 41 DXCC entities. I focused on calling CQ stations because I'm not good at CQing on CW mode. But I was sartificated with good result which is not behind far from the field operation. I learned DXing is possible with home small facilities.

Condx was wholely FB! 15m band was open to the direction in EU till late at night, I had QSO on 20m band with EU stations at midnight and with LU station before the dawn. I had chances to have QSOs with A7(Qatar) and F stations on 10m band. But Un fortunately I lost S5, LZ and I which are regular in the DX contests.

I was sometimes confused because two CW contests are competing at almost the same time. Almost participants announced CQ JIDX or CQ GC so that the other paticipants can distinguish between two contests. But many JA stations were bewildered when they accepted ITU code. Though participants must learn contest rule and know the other contests, I thought CQ stations also must make efforts so that the other participants can distinguish ongoing contests.

I tried N1MM log soft for the first time. Though I didn't use it because of the technical reason, soft worked while I repeated try and error. The automatic sending of CW is easier because of abundant macros. In addition it was more convenient than the Japanese Ctestwin and Zlog because the number of CQ zone is displayed when I imput callsign. I think log softs are involved in COM port. I'll continue to look for appropriate soft for me.


(QSO Entities)
AS: HL, BY, BV, VR2, JT, HS, XV, XU, 9M2, 9V1, UA0, UN, UK, 4X, A7
OC: DU, YB, 9M6, KH2, VK, ZL
EU: UA, UR, ES, YL, SP, YO, YU, 4O, 9A, HA, OH, OE, DL, GM, F
NA: W, KL7, VE, KH6
SA: LU
Total 41 entities. The 1st QSO entities was A7(Qatar).

(RIG)
YAESU FT-450M 50W
(ANT)
40m: Shortened vertical style made by fishing rod. 5mL
20m: Full size vertical style made by fishing rod. 5mL
15m: Full size inverted V dipole. 7mL (Used for 10m band with MTU)

QTH: At home in Amagasaki City, Hyogo, JAPAN (JCC#2703, GL#PM74QS)
Logsoft:N1MM
OS:Windows XP

No comments:

Post a Comment