Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Mongolian DX Contest & LZ DX Contest Report

I participated Mongolian DX Contest and LZ(Bulgalia) DX Contest last weekend.

I operated in Mukoujima Island, Onomichi City, Hiroshima, JAPAN, as JO3PSJ/4.

As for Mongolian Contest, because maybe it is the first time for it, QRV stations were a few. Even though Far Eastern stations participating contest almost didn't show up. Result ended up to only 7 JT Mongolian stations and one Russian Far Eastern station.
But I was so happy that I had an opportunity to have a QSO with JT stations.

My goal to operate in Mukoujima Island is not only to participate DX contests, but also to try new handmade vertical antenna for 40m band.

I have used dipole antenna for 40m band but it was not suitable for DXing. I wanted to solve problems, so I made vertical antenna.

For European stations, signal strength got improved, compared with dipole, but when it comes to transmission, it is still hard to have QSOs.

I tried to participate LZ Contest and call CQ stations from European nations. But many of them asked me "QRZ?""Again?" repeatedly.
But I exchanged successfully contest number with S5(Slovenia), DL(Germany), OE(Austria), LZ(Bulgalia).
I will try it again after improvement.

In addition, I set up Inverted V dipole antenna for 17m band because condition in 17m was so good and a pedition station 5W0KH showed up from Samoa. I succeeded in QSO with this pedition station consisted by Korean team.
On this day condition in 17m band was beautiful and I realized to make a QSO with 9A(Croatia) and HB(Switzerland).

The results of both contests were so poor, but I enjoyed DXing very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment