Monday, March 8, 2010

ARRL International DX Contest Phone and OPEN UKRAINE RTTY CHAMPIONSHIP

I participated two DX contests at home on this weekend--ARRL International DX Contest Phone and OPEN UKRAINE RTTY CHAMPIONSHIP.

About ARRL contest I had 12 QSOs with American stations, almost with Californian stations. The foreign stations are not allowed to have a QSO with W and VE stations in this contest. While I can't hear the signals of W/VE stations, I had no choise but wait for its appearance. I felt this contest isn't interesting for me because I can't reply for CQs from other foreign stations when the condition is very good.

About Ukrainean RTTY contest I finished in only 2 QSOs--both UA0 Asiatic Russian stations. My wave didn't reach Europe.

I understand good condition on the high band from the increzse of the sun spot number. But it is very difficult to have QSOs with foreign stations with poor facilities a home. But I got hopeful establishment because my wave emmitered from the handmade shortened vertical antenna reached America beyond the pacific.

No comments:

Post a Comment