Tuesday, February 16, 2010

CQ WPX RTTY CONTEST Participation Report

I participated CQ WPX RTTY CONTEST last Saturday and Sunday as JO3PSJ/3 in Inami Town, Hyogo, JAPAN.

My individual result was totally 177 QSOs. I'm afraid that it will be bottom class but I'm very sartified with it.

The number of QSO entities was totally 41. Of them the first emtities were 13,--G, EA, OH, EU, YO, ES, LY, YU, Z3, 4O, EY, TA, XE. I missed WAJA because I couldn't catch African stations but I finally had QSOs with YU(Serbia) and YO(Romania) which I always couldn't have QSOs in the previous contests.

My antennas were Inverted V dipole for 40m, Rotary V dipole RDE-15 by Radix and handmade Hentenna for 15m and handmade Hentenna for 10m.

To my surprise, I could have QSOs with many European and American stations on 15m and 10m bands in spite of off season. Recently I heard that the SSN(Sun Spot Number) is increasing and European and American stations show up. I must prepare for antennas at home.

The next contests which I will participate are Russian PSK(27 and 28 Feb.), Russian DX(20 and 21 March) and CQ WPX SSB(27 and 28 March).
CQ WPX RTTY CONTEST was very useful for researching participation of Russian stations and condition of high bands.

Every contesters all over the world, TNX FR FB QSO!

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Hitoshi,
    Thank you for QSO in CQ WPX RTTY Contest and QSL. I am hapy to confirm our QSO and my QSL is allready sent to you direct.

    73 Jurgis LY9Y

    My websites: http://www.qrz.lt/ly2cy
    and htp://www.ly9y.lt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mr.Jurgis LY9Y

    I'm sorry for late reply to your comment.

    Your card arrived last week! What big antennas! How wonderful facilities!
    Because I live in appartman house now, I mainly enjoy hamlife in the field. Then I had a QSO with you 4.5mH dipole antenna. Though I will be one of the smallest participants, I was very surprised to have QSOs not only with you but also with stations in Spain and Argentina. Because facilities is very small, I'm very happy to have QSOs with new entities.

    Now I study Russian to study the history of the former USSR and Eastern Europe individually.
    I visited Lithuania on October 2005. Because football watching(Lithuania VS Serbia and Montenegro) was main object for me, I paid a visit only at Vilnius. Old town was very beautiful and atomosphere in Vilnius was more European style compared with Moscow.
    When I visited KGB museum and monument on incident on January 1991, I studied the dark history and peoples' power for independence.
    Next time I'd like to visit Kaunas and other Baltic nations.

    I will introduce your card in several days.
    TNX FR FB QSO and QSL!
    GL CU AGN!

    ReplyDelete