Sunday, September 4, 2011

Russian “RADIO” WW RTTY Contest Participation

A super typhoon attacked the western Japan in the first weekend of September. I cancelled field operation and participated the All Asian DX Contest Phone organized by JARL and the Russian “RADIO” WW RTTY Contest organized by Russian journal “RADIO”.

The final individual result of the Russian “RADIO” WW RTTY Contest was total 53 QSOs. I used 7m wire antenna with ATU fixed by fishing rod on the balcony.

I could enjoy RTTY contest with such a small antenna. As for high bands, I have QSOs with AS and OC stations in the daytime and with EU in the evening. But the northerly direction is fully blocked by our building, so I have no chance to hear signals from NA on the band of 15m. On the other hand, I can communicate with NA and SA on the band of 20m and 40m in the evening time. I’ll research the difference.

I thought entrants from AS are very little. Maybe many of AS operators participate the All Asian DX Contest which takes place at the same time.

I used Ukrainian 5M Contest as the log soft and RTTY sending machine. Although problem happened in the previous contest, I could use it comfortably this time. It is very useful in the former Soviet contests.

【Result】
Total53 QSOs
AS: JA,UA0,UN
OC: VK,YB,DU
EU: UA,UR,OH,YO,S5,I,DL
NA: W,KL7

【RIG】
YAESU FT-450M
【ANT】
7m wire ANT with ATU fixed by fishing rod on the balcony
【Log soft】
5M Contest made in Ukraine with MMTTY
【OS】
Windows XP

No comments:

Post a Comment