Thursday, May 5, 2011

I work in the area stricken by Earthquake and Tsunami...

It's almost two month since the East Japan Great Earthquake happened on March 11.

At the present time, reconstruction is going on in the area stricken by disaster, but serious problem on the radioactive leakage still remains.

To tell the truth, I'm dispatched to the area stricken by earthquake and the following Tsunami.

I'll work in Otsuchi Town, Iwate Prefecture,(JCG#03004, N39'21"35 E141'54"24, QM09WI) located in the northrn Japan, from May 5 for about three months.

Otsuchi Town, which is located in the pacific coast, was attacked by Tsunami and the downtown seriously damaged. About 1,700 of the population of 15,000 people victimed or missing at the time of writing.
In addition, the town office was also destroyed, mayor and about 25% of all the personels victimed.

I'll be engaged in the reconstruction of the damaged town office. Especially I'll support the recovery of the lost resident registration.

I stay in Tono City(JCC#0310, N39'19"47 E141'31"37 QM09SH), which is located in the inland, about 50km west from Otsuchi Town. Different from Otsuchi Town, Tono town is almost normal.

I bring YAESU FT-450M and several antennas, for example, long wire for 20m, 15m and 6m. The plan of QRV isn't decided yet because I will stay in the room in Tono with my co-worker. When I make QRV, I'll use CW, RTTY or PSK in order not to send my loud voice by SSB.
I'll make QRV as the callsign of JO3PSJ/7. QSL cards will be issued after the end of my mission for three month.

My plan to participate in DX Contests is also not decided yet. I'd like to join in CQ WPX CW, ALL ASIAN CW, IARU HF Championship and RSGB IOTA Contest. But I'll use my precious time to visit the areas stricken by disasters. I think maybe I'll have less opportunity to sit before my rig.

I'll report the present situation of the disaster area as many as possible during my staying.

No comments:

Post a Comment