Thursday, February 24, 2011

Russian WW PSK Contest Participation

I participated Russian WW PSK Contest between 18 and 19 Feb.

I operated in Inami Town, Hyogo, Japan. This time I used my callsign without /3 JO3PSJ because I learned that /3 isn't neccessary in the DX contests even in the field operation.

My individual result was total 108 QSOs--almost UA and UA0 stations. The number of QSOs with EU stations is small but I had a QSO with LU Argentina station on the 40m band in the early morning. Maybe the wave from LU would reach Japan by the long path.

PSK DX contest was the first experience for me. I tried to operate not only PSK31 but also PSK63 and PSK125. PSK63 and 125 are very difficult because of the high speed modes. But I found many DX stations show up on the mode of PSK63 in the contest. I understood the key to enjoy PSK contests. I will participate as many PSK contests as possible!!

TNX FR FB QSO!!

(Result)
AS: UA0, HL, BY, HS, UN
OC: YB, ZL
EU: UA, UR, SP, YO, OE
NA: W
SA: LU

(Rig) YAESU FT-450M
(Antenna) Vertical for 20m and 40m. Dipole for 15m and 20m.

No comments:

Post a Comment