Wednesday, October 28, 2009

CQ WW DX CONTEST PHONE

I participated in CQ WW DX CONTEST PHONE, the biggest DX contest, on the last weekend.

I operated in the observatory at the sea level of 645m high as JO3PSJ/3 from start of contest till 0544UTC on Sunday and I had 170 QSO on the whole operation time.

Though I had many QSO mainly with stations from Asia-Pacific regions such as BY,VR2,VK,KH0,KH2,KH6,DU,K,UA0, I could have QSO with distant stations from Brazil, Argentina, Chile and Bosnia-Hercegovina.

My facilities for this contests is YAESU FT-450M. Antennas consisted of 20m wire for 80m, inverted V dipole for 40m, Radix RDE-15 rotary dipole for 15m and 2 elements yagi for 10m.

I was very satisfied with performance of RDE-15, but inverted V dipole for 40m didn't work well. I'd like to set antenna on the high spot as possible.
Improvement of performance on 40m band is my important subject.

Next time JIDX Phone contest will be held on the 2nd weekend of November.
See you again in the next contest!

No comments:

Post a Comment